Installing Cork Wall Tiles
Cork Wall Tiles
can be used as pin & tack boards, acoustic tiles, or as a beautiful natural aesthetic to your home, office or dorm room. We want you to get many years of enjoyment from this product. So we have included some helpful tips below, but rest assured, every application is different and cork is a natural product, so we recommend you try a few tiles out to be sure they perform right for you. Follow these steps for proper installation:
1) Open package and lay cork tiles individually on floor prior to installation and allow 72 hours to bring to room temperature.
2) Clean the wall surface. It should be smooth, dry and free of dust to allow the best possible adhesion. If walls are freshly pained, please allow 14 days to fully dry before applying tiles.
3) For alignment, draw a X and Y axis on the wall (with a level) where you want to install the cork tiles.
4) Peel and stick to wall using the axis point you drew. Press firmly. We recommend using a baker’s rolling pin over the cork to insure maximum adhesion. Some contractors choose a water-based construction adhesive as an optional back up. You can do this if you choose, but is not usually necessary.
5) Gently butt each cork tile against each other and work outward. Avoid jamming tiles too tightly together. Remember, roll over each tile with a rolling pin soon, or press firmly against the cork with a heavy book.
6) If you are doing a complete wall and find you need to cut some tiles - you can do so with a box cutter knife. It helps to score the cork first.To Order Cork Wall Tiles, click here.